Welcome to the Mims Chapel United Methodist Church blog! We hope you will enjoy reading about what is happening at Mims Chapel. Check back often for pictures and posts!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sermon for today: "JESUS the Disturber".......... Luke 12: 49-51

"I AM come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth: I tell you, Nay; but rather division."

When JESUS began to teach and preach, HE caused great turmoil and confusion among the people. Even when HE preached in HIS home town a committee was formed to ask HIM to leave. They were afraid and confused by HIS words and by his miraculous works. Many wanted to follow HIM, but did not want to give up their worldly ways. They watched as HE cast demons from a man into a group of swine and they were afraid.

You cannot completely follow JESUS unless you give up ways that are not pleasing in HIS sight. True peace in your heart can only come when we serve him 100% and put our trust in HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment